Friday, February 6, 2009

FIRST KISS!

My 13 yo son has his first official Girlfriend. Luckily he has told me about her. Anyway, he told me on Monday that he was going to kiss her. My heart came up into my throat. He isn't old enough to do that!!! He doesn't like to tell me everything that is going on in his life, so I have to play it cool with him and not freak out. You don't know how hard that was. So, he tells me that on Wednesday he finally kissed her. I asked him where and when and he actually told me. It was after school they were going to the bus. She rides a different bus. He said they just leaned into each other and kissed. It was just a peck. My husband asked him "did you use your tongue?" and was told "no". He said "that's good because I won't even kiss your mom with the tongue that is gross!!" I sure hope he remembers that. So now it's official, I have a regular teenager. I feel old.

2 comments:

Jill, Wes, and Andy said...

OMG, he can not be that old already. I remember when he was just a baby...we are getting old, good luck with the next steps :)

Kristy said...

Glad you get to deal with this stage first!